The Eames House (also known as Case Study House No. 8) is a landmark of mid-20th century modern architecture located at 203 North Chautauqua Boulevard in the Pacific Palisades neighborhood of Los Angeles. It was constructed in 1949, by husband-and-wife design pioneers Charles and Ray Eames, to serve as their home and studio. The house is also known as Case Study House No. 8, because it was commissioned by Arts & Architecture magazine as part of a program challenging architects to design progressive but modest homes in Southern California. Now a historic house museum maintained by the Eames Foundation, it was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2006.